San Diego Theatres follows the guidance for Indoor Mega Events provided by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and San Diego County for all of our events. The safety of our guests, artists, and staff remains our top priority as we welcome you to our venues for live events.
EFFECTIVE April 1, 2022, per the California Department of Public Health:
The requirement for vaccine verification or proof of negative tests for attendees at Indoor Mega Events will be lifted and will move to a strong recommendation.
These recommendations will continue to be updated as CDPH continues to assess conditions on an ongoing basis. California must be vigilant to maintain situational awareness through surveillance and be ready to pause or reinstate a higher level of protective mitigation recommendations or requirements.
Please be aware that Artists or Presenting Organizations may continue to require Covid-19 safety measures for entry including proof of vaccination, a negative test result and/or masks. Please consult individual event pages for additional entry requirements.
Note: By purchasing tickets to events at Civic Theatre or Balboa Theatre, you agree to abide by the health and safety measures in effect at the time of the event, which may include, but not be limited to, wearing masks, providing proof of vaccination status and/or providing proof of negative COVID-19 test.
For events that require proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test:
- Acceptable proof of vaccination is either the original vaccination card, a printed copy of the vaccination card, or digital vaccination record with an appropriate ID matching the name on vaccination documentation.
- Acceptable proof of a negative Covid-19 test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy).* The documentation must include:
- Type of test (indicating it is a PCR or antigen test)
- The entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service)
- Specimen collection date.
- Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number)
- Test Result
- Over-the-counter tests will not be accepted as proof of negative results of COVID-19
*For your convenience, Lux Concierge is offering rapid testing onsite at the Civic and Balboa Theatres for $40 per test. Testing is available one hour before the event. Please plan to arrive early to the venue to accommodate the testing.