Join Our Vibrant Arts Community & Foster Moments that Matter with our Volunteer Ambassador Corps Program
Do you love the arts, giving back to the community and desire an integral role working with San Diego Theatres spectacular shows? If so, you may be a perfect fit for our volunteer program!
The thriving atmosphere of San Diego Theatres’ state-of-the-art experiences would not be possible without our incredible Volunteer Ambassador Corps Program which lays the groundwork for creating memorable moments that matter.
As a volunteer, you would join a diverse and inclusive team in serving over 500,000 guests annually at the Historic Balboa Theatre (1,335 seats) and the San Diego Civic Theatre (2,967 seats). Volunteers are often the first face guests see when they visit and set the tone for every guest’s experience at our venues. Volunteering is an invaluable contribution benefiting our guests, talent, staff, and the overall community.
In addition to performing arts industry experience and exposure, volunteers contribute to our close-knit program community, providing opportunities for networking and long-lasting friendships.
We invite volunteers to participate in at least two events monthly; however, the program provides flexibility as we respect each volunteers' busy schedules.
Applicants will be trained on our BRAVO customer service strategy, ushering duties, and safety procedures for each event. Our BRAVO training is free and provides invaluable experience to anyone looking for a career or experience in the events industry. The BRAVO service teaches volunteers the following.
- Body Language. Using nonverbal cues to convey attentiveness and respect to guests.
- Readiness. Establishing a professional and well-groomed appearance for all volunteers.
- Awareness. Offering an inclusive environment to all to create an attentive and helpful support system for our guests.
- Value. Providing valuable knowledge for all guests and embodying values of inclusiveness diversity and ethics celebrated within the theatres.
- Own. Uplifting each and every volunteer to have the confidence to speak up on issues, solve problems with empathy to improve and continue a positive environment.
Volunteer positions include:
- Event Usher
- Program Prep (certain events)
To join our team please sign up here.