The San Diego Civic Theatre offers plush seating for 2,967 patrons. Seats are numbered from the center of the theatre, beginning with numbers one and two, progressively going higher toward the outer edges. Even numbers are on House Right and odd numbers are on House Left. Rows are labeled alphabetically in ascending order from the stage beginning with Row A. Please note that during certain productions when the orchestra pit/extended orchestra pit are not required and removable seating is in place, the first three rows are AA, BB, and CC followed by Row A.
Seating comprises the following sections:
- Orchestra – This is the section closest to the stage and on the main floor. It includes a maximum of 1,218 seats featuring “continental” seating with no center aisles and extra leg room between rows. There are 4 wheelchair locations with companion seats. There are 8 side transfer seats. There are 20 permanent rows and three removable rows over the orchestra pit. Access to the Orchestra is via two sloped walkways with no stairs.
- Dress Circle – This section is at the rear of the main floor and is elevated approximately three feet above the last row of the Orchestra. It includes 421 seats arranged in four sections of eight rows each. There are 12 wheelchair locations with accompanying companion seats. The last row of the Dress Circle (Row H) can be accessed via elevators without encountering any stairs.
- Lower Loge (2nd level) – This section is similar to side box seats on either side of the house and overhang the Orchestra’s side seating. There are a total of 46 seats in 11 rows on house left and a total of 50 seats in 13 rows on house right. Lower Loge seats are only accessible via stairs.
- Mezzanine (2nd level) – This section overhangs above the Dress Circle. It includes 422 seats arranged in four sections of eight rows each. There are 12 wheelchair locations with accompanying companion seats. The last row of the Mezzanine (Row W) can be accessed via elevators without encountering any stairs.
- Upper Loge (3rd level) – This section overhangs the Lower Loges on either side of the house. There are a total of 50 seats in 13 rows on house left and a total of 50 seats in 13 rows on house right. From the Mezzanine Lobby, Row H is accessible via elevators without encountering any stairs.
- Balcony (3rd level) – This is the top level of seating, directly above the Mezzanine. There are a total of 710 seats in the Balcony. All Balcony seats require stair access from Balcony level lobby and are not wheelchair accessible. Patrons with walking difficulties or other mobility issues should not select Balcony seating. Binoculars are recommended for patrons wishing to view costume, facial and staging details.
Call Ticketing at (619) 570-1100 for additional information. For hearing impaired, the TDD line is (619) 615-4177.