Having started in the UK back in 1999, the Sing-a-Long-a Sound of Music show has now become a worldwide hit, playing to packed houses across the globe with over 10,000 performances in 11 different countries! It’s even filled the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles – 7 times!
Let’s start at the very beginning (a very good place to start)…
For those of you not yet converted, Sing-a-Long-a Sound of Music is a screening of the classic Julie Andrews film musical in glorious, full-screen technicolor, complete with subtitles so that the whole audience can sing along!
The fun-filled show starts with a vocal warm-up led by the evening’s host, who also takes the audience through their complimentary ‘magic moments fun pack’*, containing various props to be used at strategic points throughout the film.
Then of course there is the famous fancy-dress competition in which everyone who has come in costume is invited onto the stage to show off their fantastic tailoring skills. And the more venues we play, the more elaborate the costumes get. Previous entries have included:
- Nuns of both genders (including a pregnant nun!)
- Girls (and boys!) in white dresses with blue satin sashes
- A lonely Goatherd!
- A twenty strong hen party were joined together and completely covered in fake turf (the alps!)
- A man in a gold lycra catsuit (Ray a Drop of Golden Sun!)
- A man dressed as a Hasidic Jew in New York (A jew, a jew to you and you and you)
- A man dressed in work overalls and a tool belt (Chris the Plumber)
- A gazebo!!
- A Chinese woman came as ‘So Long’
- A carburetor
So get those vocal chords warmed up, cut up those chintz curtains and hurry down for another dose of the international smash-hit sensation! It’s the perfect night out for hen parties, birthday celebrations, office outings family trips, or anyone who has ever shed a tear during ‘Edelweiss’!
*All tickets include a “Magic Moments Fun Pack” of fun themed items you can use during the film to enhance your sing-along experience!